SELLING ALCOHOL TO THE UNDERAGED IS NO MINOR OFFENSE @ 30 Sep 2021
(Citrus County, FL) This past Friday, September 24, 2021, detectives from the Citrus County Sheriff‘s Office, along with state investigators from the Bureau of Law Enforcement’s Division of Alcoholic Beverages and Tobacco as well as the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation, teamed up for an enforcement sweep targeting the sales of alcoholic beverages to minors.
This operation included compliance checks at 16 random establishments in Citrus County licensed to sell alcoholic beverages. Eleven establishments were in compliance, and five establishments were out of compliance.
These establishments operated in compliance with their licensure:
• Holder Food Mart 7033 N Florida Ave, Hernando
• Quick Stop 6695 N Carl G Rose Hwy, Hernando
• Circle K 9580 N Citrus Springs Blvd, Citrus Springs
• RaceTrac 1001 NE 5TH St, Crystal River
• RaceTrac 1030 SE US Hwy 19, Crystal River
• Circle K 400 S Suncoast Blvd, Crystal River
• Country Store 5511 W Homosassa Trl, Homosassa
• Sunoco 6971 W Gulf To Lake Hwy, Crystal River
• BP 662 NE US Hwy 19, Crystal River
• Kwick Stop 118 NW US Hwy19, Crystal River
• Shell 3502 N Lecanto Hwy, Beverly Hills
These establishments were not in compliance and did sell alcohol to a minor:
• Arana Store 6164 N Suncoast Blvd, Crystal River
• Circle K 6300 W Gulf to Lake Hwy, Crystal River
• Circle K/Mobil 782 S Rowe Terr, Lecanto
• Lecanto Food Mart 3761 W Homosassa Trl, Lecanto
• Texaco Food Mart 645 W Norvell Bryant Hwy, Hernando
“Sales of alcohol and tobacco to underage minors is very preventable,” said Sheriff Prendergast. “For store clerks, it is straightforward, simply ask for and check the ID. We will continue to work with our colleagues at the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation, continue these compliance checks and keep Citrus County on the right track.”
The Citrus County Sheriff's Office and ABT will continue to work constructively with local retail establishments to ensure employees are well educated in Florida Tobacco and Beverage Laws.